ME!!!

Hello, world! Many of you knew of my (Frederick Atolo Tuinukuafe) impending arrival,

which in fact was suppose to be today, but I decided to give mom a break and come 12 days early. She thanks me almost every day, because I was already 7lbs 15oz when I was born on July 16th at 7:31am. Today I had a check up with the Doc, and I already weigh 9lbs. I know, I know, I'm a great kid to let my mom off easy on that one! She was convinced that I was going to be a small heifer, and I guess if I had of waited until today, then I would have been. Now she likes to call me a "chunky monkey". What can I say? I'm part Tongan and love to eat! Pretty much anything that comes close to my mouth, I want to taste it! My favourite things are my hands. I'm constantly sucking on them. I think I would love a pacifier, but my parents are big meanies and refuse to give one to me.
My dad is the greatest. He was the first one to get to hold me after I was born, and

we immediately loved each other. He likes to call me his "lil' champ" and "lil' prince". Mom complains of the fact that he can sleep through any of my fussing. Once, he told her to wake him up if she wanted any help. I was being a little stinker and wouldn't go back to sleep after eating, so my mom decided to wake him up to rock me so she could go back to bed. Didn't work out. He's a sound sleeper! So then my mom called him on his cellphone from the living room. That worked! Mom and I were pretty proud of how clever she is! :)
I think my mom is pretty great, too. For a few days we were pretty unsure about each other. There wasn't the instant connection like with Dad, which my mom thought was

kinda ironic since it's usually the mom with this instant love for babies, and dads have to get use to them. What can I say? I like being different. But, mom and I are starting to really like each other, now that she knows she's not going to break me by accident. She's still recovering from giving birth to me, but is starting to feel what she thinks will be her new "normal". She kinda freaked me out the other day by how excited she was to not have swollen feet and ankles anymore. The things girls get all worked up about. I just don't get it. ;)

You know who else is fabulous? Grandparents!!! My Gramma Mayer is staying with us for a month, and she likes to spoil me. She gives the best cuddles in my rocking chair. My Gramma T is really

funny. She has to give me a bunch of kisses every time she sees me, and loves to carry me around when she's doing whatever she's doing. Grampa T, I just know I'm going to have him all wrapped around my little finger! They had a Tongan party last Saturday, and anyone who talked with him got a "Did you see my Grandson? He's so cute, isn't he?" I know I'm going to be spoiled rotten by these grandparents!! I still have to meet my Grampa Mayer, but I don't doubt that I'll be able to charm my way into getting whatever I want with him, too! (I am my mother's son, after all!)

I want to point out just how long I am! You have to remember that my mom is 5"9'. I have really long arms and legs. I'm not going to be a short kid, that's for sure! Dad is hoping that I'll be a star rugby player, while mom is hoping that I'll put all that height to good use and play volleyball and basketball. We'll see. Maybe I'll take up some synchronized swimming.
One last thing, I have to brag about my best talent!!! I have this great knack of

knowing when people are going to change my diaper. These silly people haven't figured out that they need to be pretty quick on the draw when you're changing little boy babies! They even have a running tally on how many times I've peed on them, it's so funny! Dad is winning. I've gotten him 6 times already! Once, I peed on him TWICE in one diaper change! Mom is at 3 times, Grama Mayer is at 2, and I even got Dr. Ross the other week when I went for my appointment! So much fun! I have even gotten both mom and dad on separate occasions with my projectile poop. Ah, new parents. So much to learn, and I'm having lots of laughs teaching them!
this is amazing!! thanks for writing this amelia! hope you guys are still doing well! loves, stef
ReplyDeleteCongrats! He is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteawwww! he is to die for mel :) i just wanna hold him so that he can meet his favorite auntie lynz! ps - you look amazing!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOoooh I love this blog! Your sweet boy looks so happy and cute! Keep posting :)
ReplyDeleteBrilliant post, love. Please keep us up-to-date on how everyone is doing. xo
ReplyDeleteBest. Post. Ever.
ReplyDeleteTrust me, you'll continue to get peed and pooped on. But eventually it won't even phase you!
he is so stinkin' cute and you should be a writer, you're absolutely hilarious and I'm reminded how much I miss you! Congratulations guys, this is the start of an amazing adventure for you!
ReplyDeleteI want to be in Vancouver. He is adorable, is Auntie Kiss's Tank.
ReplyDeleteMaybe with those arms and legs he'll be a dancer.
ReplyDelete